Pages

Month 12




I can't believe it. It's ridiculous how quickly one year can go and how much a baby learns. Even though everyone tells you this, it's still hard to believe. So now Lily's one year old. I'm not sure what she is officially. Too old to be a baby, but still too little to be a Toddler. I think. Maybe that's why our parents always call us their babies still. They deny that we're as old as we are just like I'm doing. Actually, as much as I miss Lily being a baby and feeling like it went too quickly, I really love where she's at now. She's just gotten to be so much fun and she's still as cute as she was if not cuter than the baby version of herself.

The most important development is that she can now walk. She's been practicing for a while as she'd crawl over to the couch and pull herself up and then walk alongside it. She would take a few steps sometimes and just stop. Then fall. But one day (Oct 5th), it finally clicked and she was running. We had put up a corral in the living room a month or two ago, so now she just runs from one side to the other. She's so proud of herself. Sometimes she's so happy, that she screams while she runs, like a damn lunatic. This whole walking thing convinced us to finally buy some other gates for elsewhere around the house too.

As far as looks go, it seems like her new hair might actually be curly. It's completely wild and all over the place, but we think that it's because the old hair is straight and weighing the new curly hair down. Her arms are now long enough that she can actually play with it. She also got some new teeth in, the ones next to the front ones. She hasn't started talking besides Mama, Dada, Baba and other miscellaneous "words", but she's starting to put things into context. When she drops things or falls, she goes "ooooohhhh". Probably doesn't sound as cute in writing, but it is.

This month, we had a few Daddy/daughter days. It was the first few times that I actually took her out on my own. We've been home together lots of times, but this was new. One Saturday, Danielle went out for brunch with her friends, which turned into dinner and drinks, so we went shopping and ran some errands. We went to the mall and stuff and the idea was that we'd end up at the park or something. Instead we ended up at Dunkin Donuts and shared a doughnut. People apparently thing that seeing a daddy with his little girl is the most adorable thing. Lots of people smiled at us, flirted with Lily, and struck up conversations. Lily is pretty irresistible.

When we got home, I had a little daddy/daughter diaper adventure. I went to change her poopie diaper (3rd one that day) on the floor as she's too big for the changing table and it was going fine until I turned to take the old diaper away and grab a new one. She flipped herself over, crawled to the edge of the couch and climbed to a standing position bottomless. She then just stood there and looked down and watch herself pee all over the floor in amazement, like she didn't even know that it was gonna happen. I didn't know what to do. I had to clean her up and also clean up the piss puddle. So I took her out of the corral, laid her down to clean her up. Then I put her in her pack n play, which she hates when she's not sleeping. She hated me and screamed for a good 10 minutes, while I cleaned and mopped the floor. I decided to mop the entire area while I was at it. After that, we had some dinner and she decided to mash her food into her hair, making it impossible to comb out. Babies are the ultimate pranksters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment