Oh man, the holidays. Things get crazy and busy and just nutty. But it's always worth it when it means you get to spend more time with family. Luckily for me, I had some vacation days that I needed to use before the end of the year, so I didn't work too many full weeks and there was a lot more time with my girls.
So here's what happened this month:
We took Lily to the playground in Congers. It's a part of town that Danielle and I separately spent a lot of time as kids, so it was cool to bring Lily there. Luckily the weather was mild enough to taker her there. Little girls love to play with Lily and I think she like it too. All the other little girls just wanted to play with her and touch her and carry her and pretty much pretend that Lily was their little play thing dolly. Lily didn't mind, but Danielle and I had to play nice too and set some boundaries. They would throw her down the slide if they could.
Shortly after that, Lily myteriously caught a case of Roseola. I blame it on that creepy little Russian girl on the playground. One afternoon since it was beautiful out, we decided to head into the city and hang out. Since Danielle had never been to the high line, we figured that would be a good place to hang out. Poor Lily was just so lethargic and blah. We didn't realize she was getting sick. We just thought she was tired. But when we got home, we found that she had a fever. For the next few days, the fever stuck around. I took her to the doctor and he said that it was probably some viral thing and to come back in a few days if it didn't get any better. Soa few days later, her fever dissipated, but she all the sudden had a rash all over her body. Danielle and I both kind of freaked out not knowing what it was and took the day off from work to take her to the doctor. It ended up being Roseola, which isn't that big a deal, but still scared us. It's a chieckn pox like thing that babies get where they have a fever and get this rash all over their body. She was all better and bouncing off the walls by the end of the weekend.
Lily has been pointing to things more often. In fact, she's starting to point at everything. As if to say, "hey I notice something over there and I have a thought about it, but I don't do the talking thing yet, so this is what I got." But we know that she's understanding things in that when we ask her where mommy or daddy is in a wall of photos, she'll point to them. I love it. She knows us. Another cute thing she does sometimes is cocks her head to the side when she's looking at you. I don't know why she does it, but again it's super adorable or "adorbs" as I've annoying observed people use lately.
As far as food goes. She can pretty much eat anything, though I think she's starting to develop more food preferences. She likes to eat with her hands and it talented enough to be able to seperate food that she likes and doesn't like in her mouth and spit out the crap, while she eats the rest. Pretty impressive I'd say.
These curls of hers are getting more abundant and more adorable. She's now a perfect mix of mommy and daddy. Though most people will disagree and say that she looks exactly like Danielle, but I see it. I'll have to put some baby photos of the both of us up here soon.

0 comments:
Post a Comment