Pages

Month 7


Another month and we haven't screwed up our baby. At least not that we know of, though she did jump off the couch when this picture was taken. Luckily Danielle was quick enough to help her fall 'gently'. She only cried for a few minutes. Lily for 30 seconds or so. She's actually a really good baby and only really cries when she needs to. From what I've heard, she's more like Danielle when she was a baby. Smiling and talking and just all-around happy. There's not much more you could hope for.

One thing that she wasn't a big fan of for a few weeks was when you put her on her stomach. She really hated it. As soon as we would lay her down her little feet go up in the air and she toppled over on her side and worked her way to her stomach. Then she would start whining that she's on her stomach and just wouldn't flip over. We even tried to just lay her on her mat and let her get pissed off enough that she figured it out, but no. I think she knew what we were trying to do and wanted to scream and torture us as revenge until we gave her what she wanted. By the end of the month, she got to a point where she didn't despise it. We've also stopped having a heart attack about her sleeping on her stomach. Though, it's tough to sleep sometimes when you go to check in on her and see that she has her face mushed in-between her hands like she's counting for hide and seek. She moves all over her crib, so we know logically that she'll be fine.

Lily has also graduated to eating some baby food. We started her on sweet potatoes first. Then moved on to carrots, peas and then green beans. She really didn't like the peas, which I don't blame her. Peas kind of suck on their own. If only she could have tried them first in a chicken pot pie. I don't believe that they make a baby food version of CPP (that's what I call it). I think it's funny that she likes and dislikes things like a real person.

This month we all celebrated Danielle's first Mother's Day. All week, I was on a quest for a ring for Danielle. I was looking for a white gold or silver  ring that has a nice big Opal in it, which is Lily's birthstone, along with some other fancy decorative stuff. This is apparently something that doesn't exist or if it does, I don't know how to find it (which is most most likely the case). by the end of the week when I was still empty handed, I had to come up with another idea for a gift from Lily. I wanted it to mean something and to be personalized from her. Something a little more meaningful than a gift certificate for the Cheesecake Factory, though that would be a win for me. What I decided was to get was one of the molding kits with a frame to capture Lily's little hand along side a photo of Danielle with Lily. And this kind of thing DOES exist. So I hopped over to Buy Buy Baby and figured that the hard part was over.

Once we got up to Grandma's house in Valley Cottage for the weekend, I took Lily into another room along with Grandma as the baby-tamer to get Lily's hand print. The mold is this white foam clay-like substance, making it easy to make an imprint, but also to restart if you screw up. To once I got everything ready,  I mush Lily's hand into the mold and of course she immediately closes her hand to feel this new substance. FAIL. so I pull out her sticky, clay covered hand and give it another go.


Danielle's Mother's Day Gift from Lily

The next week, Gigi came up to stay with us for 5 days. The last few times she saw Lily, she didn't get to much quality time with her since it was for weddings and funerals. So this visit was all about Lily. She did the whole mother/grandma/housekeeper thing while we worked and got to have a date night. She was happy to get to just hang out with her and with us without letting too much get in the way. On her last day, we went to brunch and then showed her around Bloomfield and Montclair so that she could see the nicer parts of Jersey. They do exist, you know. We had a great week with her and I'm sure she would have stayed longer if she could.

These are some random cute things that Lily does in Month 7:

  • Grabs my beard in the morning when I stick my head in her crib. I think that's how she knows me. It seems like she's also gotten used to it and it's not as scratchy to her anymore.
  • When she grabs for things, she puts both arms out. It looks like she's going to just hug everything. That is, until she grabs whatever she's reaching for and puts it in her mouth.
  • She likes paper. I think she likes that it flaps around and that it makes sound with you touch it. She wants to eat that too, but I don't want her to end up on My Strange Addictions like this lady.
  • When she's happy, she makes a really high pitched squeal
  • She loves Violet, her talking dog. It sings and knows her name and favorite food (Chicken pot pie)

0 comments:

Post a Comment