Pages

Month 8

I've been procrastinating. Lily's growing fast and I don't want to miss anything, so I'll do a quick once-over for month 8 and get to the month 9 post soon. A lot has happened in month 9.

In month 8 (May 24th - June 24th 2011), we celebrated our first Father's Day. As per usual, it was spent with family. We started out at Pop's house and hung out with Pop and Jojo, and (Lily's) uncle's Tim and Matt. We played some croquet (poorly) and played with some helicopters that we bought at Brookstone that unfortunately ended up not working. But we still spent lots of time bonding over why they don't work and trying to fix them. We then hopped down to Grandma and Grandpa's house, to spend some time with Danielle's side of the Father's Day equation, including her 93 year old grandfather. Played in the pool a bit. It was just lovely.

The funniest thing that Lily started doing this month is this fake coughing thing. Over the past few months everyone's had a cold at some point and I think Lily somehow figured out that she gets attention when she coughs. So for a few weeks, that was her trick. All you would have to do was cough in her presence and she would look at you and do her fake cough, knowing that everyone around her would laugh. At that point we started also clapping when she would do it, hoping that she would also then clap. At this point, that hasn't happened yet.

We brought Lily to Brooklyn for the first time. Danielle had to go and look at dresses in Brooklyn with Tim's Jen for their wedding in November, so we decided to make a day of it. We took a stroll in our old hood of Park Slope first. Now we could finally fit in with all of the parents with strollers. Three years too late. We met Tim for lunch before heading back to the car to park over near the zoo, where Jen was working. We got to the Prospect Park Zoo and were able to just walk in. Oh the perks of being the future brother-in-law to a zookeeper. She even gave us our own little walk through of the zoo. As soon as I saw the prairie dog exhibit, I knew that I had to get a picture of Lily in the little bubble window. The part I don't remember from doing that as a kid is that you really have to get on your hands and knees to get up in those. It's hard enough as you get older, let alone holding a squirmy 7 month old as you do it, but we got our shot. At the end of the tour, Jen was able to finagle her way into feeding the Sea Lions. So we actually got to watch her do her thing and do the cool tricks with them for fish. We were so happy we were able to see her do that. I don't know if we'll get the chance to again. After the zoo, we met up with some Brooklyn friends, Lori and Paul, to introduce them to the Lily girl. We forget how many friends and family we have that haven't met her yet. She's always there for us that it seems weird that not everyone we know knows her yet. The rest of the day was spent at Time and Jen's apartment hanging out with them and Jen's friend, sisters and mom.

Unfortunately I don't remember anything else from June except that that was when we really started to notice how heavy Lily was getting. In the next post, we'll tell you all about our first vacation and really long car ride with Lily.

0 comments:

Post a Comment